Welcome to the Christians in Government UK website!
Click on the 'About Us' link to the left to find out more about Christians in Government UK.
See also the Prayer Guide - under Prayer/Worship
What's going on in CIG UK:
Monthly CiGUK Prayer/Worship Meeting
The next monthly CiGUK prayer/worship meeting will be on Monday 13th April 2015 at 12.45-1.30 in Central Hall Westminster. Please join us to worship and to pray for the Government, Nation, Departments and for the work of Christians in Government UK. It would be great to see you there.
CALL TO PRAYER FOR OUR NATION
- This is a call from Christians in central and local government to Christians everywhere in the nation to unite with us and pray for God’s will to be done in the upcoming Elections;
- We recognise elections are a strategic time. There are many occasions in the Bible when the people of God made a decision to take a collective stand in prayer – and this changed the destiny of their nation.
- And so it is a call to respond together to the verse 2 Chronicles 7:14 ‘if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land”.
- We therefore invite Christians across the country, of every denomination, of every race and background, rich and poor, young and old, of any and every political persuasion without prejudice to join us in seeking God with all our hearts, as we pray for God’s will to be done in the national and local elections.
- We recognise and honour the many initiatives and prayer already organised by various groups, organisations, denominations and networks. We join our prayers with theirs and yours as we unite to lift up our leaders and nation in intercession.
On the eve of the election, Wednesday 6 May, Christians will be uniting for an hour from 7:14 – 8:14pm to pray in villages, towns and cities across the UK. See 7:14 for details of how you can organise a prayer meeting through your group, fellowship, church or network. No size is too small or too big. We hope you will join us!
Sir Bob Kerslake (the Head of the Civil Service) and Members of the Steering group, (Jose, Aidan, Trevor and Liz), present donations to the nominated charities collected at the
Christmas Service 2012 in
CIG UK in the Regions - Are You a Christian Working in National Government outside London?
Are you a Christian working in National Government outside London? CIGUK is a national organsiation which supports Christians working in government all over the UK. We want to increase our activities in support of those working far enough outside London so as not to be able to participate in the CIG activities which take place in the central London area.
The HMRC group in Preston, assisted by some others, are helping us by coordinating activities of CIG members in the Regions. If you are a Christian working in National Government outside London, please make contact with them by e-mailing email@example.com and telling them where you work, and which network group you belong to, if any. We appreciate you may well be receiving CIG infromation from your departmental rep in Lonodn, but we would like to build up a picture of Christians working in Government in the Regions. As a first step we can start pointing new joiners to groups that exist in their location.
Supporting CIG Financially
See here for details of how to give to CIG and information about our new bank account.
Disclaimer - Other Websites
Please note that the inclusion of a link to, or the mention of, a website of an organisation other than Christians in Government UK on this website does not constitute an endorsement by Christians in Government UK of views represented on that website.